To Turn Unit On:
Turn unit on by pressing the “On/Off” button. A beep will sound, and the unit will display an LCD test and then show the last reading. After 5 seconds, the thermometer is ready to use when the display shows “---.”
IMPORTANT—Once this thermometer has been used for a rectal reading, do not use it for an oral reading. Clean thoroughly before using again or before using on a different child.
- Cover thermometer’s tip with probe cover (provided), and lubricate tip with water-soluble jelly. Do not use petroleum jelly.
- If an adult or child, lay person on his or her side. If an infant, lay baby on stomach with legs hanging down, either across knee or changing table.
- Insert tip of thermometer no more than 1/2 inch inside rectum.
- Read thermometer when 10 beep signals sound and “F” sign stops flashing.
- Turn thermometer off by pressing the “On/Off” button.
- Wash thermometer as recommended before placing in storage case.
Under-the-Arm (Axillary) Use:
- Wipe underarm with towel.
- Place probe tip under arm so tip is touching skin.
- Position arm next to body.
- For child temperature, hug child to keep arms next to body.
- Read thermometer when 10 beep signals sound and “F” sign stops flashing.*
- Turn thermometer off by pressing the “On/Off” button, and wash thermometer as recommended.